Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's been rather a while, but it took me quite a long time time get through the Fall of Giants by Ken Follett. I've read two of his other epic stories, Pillars of the Earth and World Without End, both of which were excellent, so I had high hopes for Giants. The story follows several individuals around the world in the lead up to World War 1, through the war, the Russian Revolution, and the aftermath of the whole mess. Two families in Wales, another in Russia, one in Germany, and one in the United States. All of the story lines were intertwined and it was fascinating to read about the war from the fictional perspective. It was a gigantic book (my kobo showed 42 chapters at an average of about 90 pages, though the pages are a bit smaller than a printed page) but I never once found myself bored or wondering when things would move on. I'm looking forward to the next in the trilogy, though I have no idea when that will come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment